Thursday 19 September 2013

Black girls and fake fros

Black Girls and Fake Fros ???…
I saw this topic on one of the blogs I follow which was against fake fros and ofcause I had my own opinion about it. Well I generally dont care what people do with their own hair as long as they dont lie about wether it is real or not. The question truly is, what is up with this latest trend of wearing fake fros as black people. Now we all know the boys cant really tell the difference but why do we wear fake afros when we can grow them out ourselves. For those who dont know this is the latest trend in South Africa and this is where the thing about extensions and black hair topics tends to confuse me, Im a black girl with natural hair who weaves 24/7 therefore I certainly cannot ever judge others for wanting an afro. We wear weaves because we do not have straight long hair and even with relaxers our hair generally takes much more to grow to the desired length but even with this reality we still should wonder why the fake afros when we naturally have hair like that? Is this a society issue that we are afraid to embrace our natral beauty or is it that we fear being judged for what we naturally look like that we hide behind weaves an fake tempory afros. Do we fear maintanance or are we too lazy to give ourselves that time and patience for it to be long enough. Im not sure why people like wearing fake afros but defenetly do not want to grow them. Let me know what you guys think.

No comments:

Post a Comment